I’m 20 year old and I’m in a training place called Rathbone so I can hopefully get a job in a garage so I can fix cars and motorbikes. And I’m currently living in a Foyer the staff here are helping me to sort my anger out so I don’t get angry at people.
Archive for the ‘Housing’ Category
We’re two 19 year old lasses and we live in a Stonham Project
Good things about living in a Foyer
- We get our Gas, Electric and Water for £7.76 a week and we can have the heating on as much as we like
- The staff support us to find jobs, move on housing, advice and training opportunities. For example, we’re going to be doing the HAP programme (Housing Achievement Programme) which is similar to getting an OCN qualification
- We get to go on activities and days out with staff
Things we think can be improved
- Not Homely enough- the walls are all white and the rooms feel bare
- Expensive to live there if you manage to get a job
- Rules can be too restrictive in terms of who you can see and what you can do
Without places like Stonham and supported accomodation young people like ourselves would be out on the streets. So as much as we moan about it, we feel glad to have people there to support us and help us with moving forward with our futures.